• Visit my Blog for other writing examples.
– Cover story on Indian Cinema and the East Bay filmmaking community.
• “Britpop: Constructing the Fall and Rise (and Fall) of Britain” – 2007 IASPM presentation (PDF)
– PDF version of presentation abstract for 2007 Int’l Association for the Study of Popular Music conference
• “‘But Hip Hop is Harder’: Watching the Spice Girls Take Over the World” – 2004 Pop Conference presentation (PDF)
– PDF version of 2004 conference biography and presentation abstract
• The Making and Unmaking of Whiteness (link)
– Co-editor, Duke University Press, 2001
• Music Marketing: Tropes of Hybrids, Crossovers, and Cultural Dialogue through Music (PDF)
– Journal article in Popular Music and Society, Vol. 21, 1997 (61-82). You don’t need to know academic culture theory to be able to read this.
• coming soon- 1999 magazine cover story interview with Melanie C of the Spice Girls[line]
– This descriptive Film Note was published in the Pacific Film Archive’s program guide.